So I been on the road for hours, I’m so hungry. Turns out looking at food pictures on Pinterest doesn’t help at all. Anyway I saw this salad looked easy and simple to make thought I’d share it with you. Enjoy.
- 2 x 200g thick pieces salmon fillet with skin
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 25g wild rocket
- 50g watercress
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 15g pine nuts, toasted
- Preheat the grill to high. Brush the salmon on both sides with 1 teaspoon oil and lightly season the flesh side with black pepper. Put skin-side up on a lightly oiled baking tray.
- Mix the rocket leaves and watercress together, then divide between 2 bowls. Peel, halve and stone the avocado. Cut into thin slices and add to the bowls of salad.
- Grill the salmon for 8 minutes, or until just cooked through but still a little pink in the centre. Carefully peel off and discard the skin from each fillet and place on top of the salads.
- Whisk the remaining oil and balsamic vinegar, then drizzle over the salmon and salads. Scatter over the pine nuts and serve with some steamed new potatoes, if you like.
Check here for more recipes.
Daisy Tip: Add some lemon juice to your avocado slices, to stop them from changing colour.